Monday, August 22, 2016

Hope Today is All Rainbows



Wow!  I didn't intend to neglect the blog this month, but that's how things are turning out.  It's been a little crazy here!  The girls were down at my in-laws last weekend for their annual summer visit, so we were home alone.  Which you would think would lend itself to lots of relaxing and crafting, but I always take that week to purge/clean up, and this year it was even crazier since we recarpeted the upstairs.

The good news is that it's done and we're down about 10 bags of random happy meal toys, stuffed animals, things the girls have grown out of, etc.

The bad news is that's just the start of a crazy two weeks.  We've got Ellie's birthday party this coming Saturday, Carina's party the following Saturday, and back to school shopping and prep to deal with.

Happily I was able to squeeze in a little crafting with my buddies JJ and Tessa on Saturday.  Tessa brought this cute set from the Greeting Farm that I've been eyeing, so I just had to ink it up.

The unicorn was colored with Copics as were the rainbow pieces.  Pretty simple and straight forward.  I finished it off with a few sequins.



I'm thinking this will make a great first day of school card for Ellie.

Hope your day is all rainbows too!

P.S.  Don't forget you have through tomorrow to comment on my Ellen Hutson release post, just scroll down.  :)

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a hectic but productive time for you. Although organizing/purging is time-consuming, the end result is always so refreshing, isn't it! Great to see you squeezed in some crafting time with friends. An absolutely adorable rainbow-and-unicorn card. That purple mane...sooo pretty! Hope the next couple of weeks go well...back to school is coming way to fast!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!!! I love the purple hair, hehe!!! I bet the purge felt good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Miriam!!
    Glad to hear all is well...busy, but well. ;)
    Have a great week and enjoy the rest of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH how sweet!
    Love your card Miriam!
    I love the way you did it and the colors you chose ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. I am sure it will be a great reminder for your daughter of all the love that is coming her way on her first day of school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww this is so very adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeeep that 's fun! I bet she loved it! That stamp reminds me so much of childhood, even though I only had one My Little Pony. One. I still adore the iconic looks. :) Always fun to have friends with stamps! Wish we were neighbors. ;)

    ReplyDelete