Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Neat & Tangled Birthday - Hooray Die Inlaid Two Ways



Hey everyone!  Hope that you were able to stop by the Neat & Tangled blog to see the whole birthday mini-release yesterday.

Today I'm showcasing the other product that I have in this release - the Hooray die.

This first card is really quick and easy and would be great for making a quick card set.

The die was cut from watercolor cardstock (I was actually going to watercolor, but I liked the look of it in the cream, so decided to try that another time).  Then I took a blue cardstock mat and die cut again, removing the actual die cut in order to use the negative cut.

I took a panel of woodgrain cardstock cut just smaller than the blue and added adhesive to the outside.  The blue panel was then adhered on top.



I added adhesive using a glue pen into the detailed spaces where the leaves and flowers are and inlaid the white frame piece.  Note: before I inlaid the piece, I added a bit of adhesive to the sentiment portion of the die cut.

For the next card I reversed the inlay.



The wreath piece was cut from MFT Smooth White cardstock, and it was colored with Copics.  Then I cut another wreath from the white cardstock, but used just the inside pieces which were inlaid onto a scrap circle of cardstock.

The entire piece was then popped up over some patterned paper.



OK, head on over to the Neat & Tangled blog to take part in the blog hop (this isn't an official stop).  And, if you just have to have this right now, you're in luck.  The entire mini-release is available in the Neat & Tangled store right now!

Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!

17 comments:

  1. Two fabulous showcases! Plenty of occasions call for "hooray", so this is certainly a versatile die...
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really chic die and two cool cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh.. I love it against the woodgrain cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Miriam and I absolutely LOVE these dies! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty! The second, colorful card is my favorite! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and so elegant!! Love the colorful second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so different looking and yet so very beautiful I couldn't choose one over the other ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Really love the hooray die!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So intricate and beautiful! Love them both, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo! Love the differences here! From soft and subtle to bold and bright... perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geesh! How did I get so behind and miss all this freaking awesome stuff you've made, MP! I love the inlay, of course, but the little flowers being colored on the second just makes me smile! FANtastic!! :)

    ReplyDelete