Monday, November 14, 2016

25 Days of Christmas Tags


Hey Everyone!

I'm excited to be participating in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags once again.

This is an event that Tracey McNeely hosts each year.  There are lots of prizes involved, so you definitely want to check out her blog and get all the details.

Today Neat & Tangled is being featured, and several DT members have prepared tags.




Mine showcases the Doily Tag die and the new Scandinavian Prints Christmas Dies.

I love how the doily die frames the central element.

I created a background for the focal point using some patterned papers as well as a bit of actual doily, adding some stitching for texture.

Then the trees were added, the center one is popped up for some extra dimension.



I cut one of the little banners from the Scalloped die set and used a sentiment from Winter Wishes.  The right pennant part was trimmed off and then it was popped up with some foam tape.

I really love creating tags and enjoy this feature from Tracey.  I haven't quite decided if I'll leave this one a tag, or add it as the focal point for a card, but really, it came together so quickly I'm thinking I might just make another so I can have both.

OK, be sure to head over to Tracey's blog to get all the details about how to play along with the challenge as well as enter to win some prizes.

Have a great Monday!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! LOVING the trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doily in the background looks so fancy! And I love all the little trees too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BEAUTIFUL, Miriam! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute perfection! I just love the trees and the Doily Tag die you used for this beautiful tag! Great details with the stitching and doily pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love the lacey die cut look, and the added lacey doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the die cut at the top and
    bottom - very elegant.
    Great tag.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Miriam! I LOVE this! I think this is my favorite of the day! I love everything about it!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the doily tag and the simple trees, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet tag....that beautiful doily looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful tag!! Love all the die cut trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this combination of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh, those open pieces on your tag are just wonderful for letting the present peek through! And the lace you added does indeed make it look more like a cozy Christmas. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! Love the layers here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute as can be! Gosh, I just love those little snippets of doily and your dainty strips of Christmas print!

    ReplyDelete