Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Hugs and Happy Thoughts



I had to go out of town for work last week, and when I do I always take a little something to work on.  This time, before I left I stamped some of the leaves from my all time favorite Altenew stamp set, Beautiful Day on a card panel, and brought along my stitching supplies.

I stamped just the outline images and the highlights (using Evergreen and Forest Glades ink).  The outline images aren't a full outline, there's some variation, and I thought they would be perfect for stitching.  Note this is the same leaf image that is repeated throughout, but the stitching is a little different from image to image, which makes it that much more unique and special.



I used two strands of DMC floss for this.

When I got home, I trimmed the panel down, added a sentiment (also from the Beautiful Day set), rounded the corner for a bit of extra interest, and mounted it to my card base with foam tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by, hope your week is going well!


7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! It doesn't even really look like stitching until you get close!! I love all your stitched cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning! I'm impressed by your "away" crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks AMAZING!! What a great thing to do when you go out of town. I might have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Miriam, a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is beautiful! Love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is sooo Beautiful! As Always, I LOVE your designs! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete