Tuesday, February 20, 2018

No Stamping or Die Cutting featuring Simple Stories


Sometimes you just want to make something quick and easy without pulling out of ton of supplies and getting dirty.

That's what I did for today's card.  I pulled out an old Simple Stories SN@P pack called Fresh.  The good things is all this stuff is supposed to go together so you don't really have to worry about finding matching/coordinating pieces.

I started with a 3x4 journaling card featuring striped triangles at different angles.  I loved the design, but wanted to customize it a bit, so using my cutting knife I carefully cut out some of the triangles.  Then I layered that card over another and used a third 3x4 card for a mat.

The entire piece was then layered over a mat created by trimming down a 4x6 journaling card.


For the sentiment I layered three pieces of ephemera that come in the SN@P pack, a round piece, a floral cluster, and then the sentiment piece.  To add some balance, I fussy cut a second floral cluster from another journaling card. 

Really quick and easy, and so nice to be able to use some older products in my stash!

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely!! I like that you only did this with die cuts and paper. I have so much stuff left over form my scrapbooking days that I need to get out and use!! Beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only journaling cards were currency ... I have so many! Nice to see a card with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous...so clever too. What a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was wondering what all is needed to get set up? I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I'm not very web savvy so I'm not 100% positive. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    underwater photography internship

    ReplyDelete