Friday, February 15, 2019

Spellbinders February Small Die of the Month Kit




Happy Friday all!  I've got a card to share today featuring the latest Small Die of the Month kit from Spellbinders.  I'm always so impressed at the value of the Spellbinder kits.  For $12.50, you get one very large die that can be used to create a gatefold front for your card as well as several smaller dies that can be used to accent the main die.

For the card I'm sharing today, I decided to do a little 'editing' of the large die.  I cut the die twice using wood veneer paper, but instead of using the entire piece, I trimmed off the edges to create two smaller pieces.  which were then adhered to a pice of very subtle white woodgrain patterned paper.

I also die cut some of the accent pieces - the flowers and butterfly detail from the same wood veneer paper.  I wanted to use a darker shade, but I couldn't find it (not shocking given the state of the craft area), so I used a couple of brown Copics to color those pieces instead.  The butterfly was colored with E15, and the flowers with E13, although I used two layers of color on the larger flowers to provide a little more variation.


I added a cardstock mat in a coordinating color, and a simple sentiment stamped on the same subtle woodgrain patterned paper and popped up.

If you're interested in signing up for the Small Die of the month club, you can get all the details here.  In addition, you might want to stop by and check out the past kits section.  Spellbinders just restocked some of their most popular kits, and there are some really great sets available.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment