Thursday, April 11, 2019

SSS Blossoms & Butterflies Poppy Frame


Simon Says Stamp has just revealed their latest release - Blossoms & Butterflies.  I was fortunate enough to receive the Poppy Frame die to take for a test drive.

I really like playing with and mixing textures, which is what I did with this first card.  The die was cut from Birch Wood Veneer paper as well as a blue and red felt.  These pieces were then inlaid together.  I wanted to make sure that I got a really good 'stick' because I was working with felt, so I used some double sided adhesive sheets from Spellbinders.  

The finished piece gave me the feel of an Asian art print, so I kept things simple and added a black and a red mat, and a simple embossed sentiment (from Altenew's Leaf Canopy set).

For my second card I went with a bit more of a traditional inlaid paper approach.


The die was cut from black, for the frame, and then white.  I wanted the flowers to have a stained glass look, so I chose three red Copics (R22, R24, R29), and colored the white pieces using a single shade of red for each piece.

For the background, I used four blues (B0000, B000, B00, B02) to color a very light ombre on a white piece of cardstock, and then die cut that.

The sentiment is from my Lovely Lotus set for Neat & Tangled.

Be sure to head over to Simon to check out the entire release, lots of good stuff in there! 

3 comments: