Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Spellbinders Artomology Collection from Jane Davenport


Hi all!  I'm sharing a couple cards today using the new Artomology Collection by Jane Davenport for Spellbinders. 

This first card features the fantastic Tousled die.  I really love the lines of her hair don't you?  I kept this card very clean and simple.  The face was die cut from black.  I added just a bit of color to her eyes, cheeks, and lips using the Chilled Palatte Pastel set.  Nothing fancy here, I just used my finger to smudge a bit of color in those areas.

The face was then die cut again using a terracotta cardstock, and I selectively inlaid some of those pieces.  A simple sentiment from Concord and 9th finished the panel off.  She is so striking isn't she?


This next card features the Floating Feathers stamp set. 

I wanted to play a bit more with the Chilled pastels, so I added a 'wash' to my panel, again just using my finger and variety of the blue colors.

Then I stamped the images on that background with Versamark.  The pastels 'stick' to the Versamark, so I smudged some blues, greens, and purples over the stamped images and you get this really lovely multi-colored stamping look. 

I added a bit of dark gray splatter and a simple sentiment from Neat & Tangled. 

There are some really great pieces in this new collection from Spellbinders.  To see it all, click here.  If you're interested in the pastel set as well as the rest of Jane's new mixed media coloring items, you can see them all here.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment