Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Mixing and Matching with The Stamp Market Snowflake Die


I recently picked up this Snowflake Die from The Stamp Market.  I really love the size of it.  It's perfect for a focal point, but also as a backdrop to a focal point, which is how I'm using it on today's cards.

I'm using products from a number of companies for these cards.  Although my projects are often for a particular company, and therefore focused on that company's products, when I'm crafting for myself, I really like being able to mix it up.

I started by die cutting the snowflake from a panel of white cardstock.  This was placed over a subtle gray patterned paper.  


For my focal point, I used one of the penguins from the Sweet Holiday Penguins set by Stacey Yakula for MFT.  He was colored with Copics and then I faux die cut/fussy cut him and popped him up over the snowflake.


The sentiment is from that same stamp set.

I decided I couldn't let that negative panel go to waste, so I backed it with some blue and white patterned paper, adhering the entire piece to my red card base.


For the focal point, I colored and die cut that cute car which comes from an older Ellen Hutson stamp set.  The sentiment is from that set also and was embossed on one of the dies from the Skinny Strips set.


I'm curious, do you like mixing products from different companies, or do you tend to stick to the same company for any particular project?

That's two more Christmas cards for my stash!  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment