Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Spellbinders October Large Die of the Month


Today I'm showing off a couple cards featuring Spellbinders' just released October Large Die of the Month.  Once again, I feel like I only just scratched the surface of what this kit is capable of.

There are lots of different dies in the kit that can create some gorgeous floral clusters, but I chose to focus on just a few.


For this first card, I created a background using these nested flourished diamond shapes in a dark chocolate and deep purple/pink color.  I really love how these look, and the piercing in the smaller piece gives it a wonderful texture.  It would be perfect for some stitched projects too!

Once my background was created, I used some of the foliage pieces for embellishment.  They were all cut from a green cardstock, and I added some extra dimension with some Copic shading.


The thanks sentiment die is part of the kit and that was cut from gold mirror cardstock and adhered to two layers of the chocolate brown cardstock.  I really love the vintage vibe this card gives.

For my second card, I went very clean and simple.


I started by cutting two pieces of colored cardstock 2 3/4" x 5 1/2" and one strip of kraft cardstock cut 1/2" x 5 1/2".  These were adhered to a scrap piece of printer paper.

I then cut the foliage swag die from the panel, framing the center (being careful to save all the tiny little negative cuts).

The sentiment was stamped, and then I inlaid two foliage swag pieces that were cut from a rustic cream cardstock.  Those bitty little negative pieces were inlaid into the die cut and it was done.


Super easy, but it has a rustic elegance to it.

As I mentioned, I really only scratched the surface of this kit, using less than half of the dies in the kit (there are 17 total and I only used 7).

Definitely hoping to do more creating with this one!  Be sure to head over to Spellbinders to check out some more samples and also see the rest of this month's kits!

No comments:

Post a Comment