Sunday, December 1, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Die-Cember Release


Hi everyone!  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.  I can't believe we're already in December! 

Today I'm showing off a card using one of the new dies in Simon Says Stamps' Die-Cember release.  This Shimmer Oval Die cuts a really love intricate pattern within an oval and also adds some stitched lines to the opening on the negative cut which gives it a really nice finished look.

I wanted a simple, rustic look for my card, so I started by cutting the oval from some white cardstock.  Because this is such an intricate die, it works best with a metal shim, but since I wanted all the pieces to stay intact for this layer, I simply cut it without a shim.

The design was then colored with Copics.

I then cut the die from some Primitive Cream cardstock (this time with a shim), and adhered it on top of the colored piece.  Because I knew that I was planning to do this, I could be a little lazier/sloppier with my coloring.

The negative cut was trimmed to 4" x 5 1/2", and then adhered to my card base.  The die cut oval was adhered directly to the card base as well.  Normally I would pop this piece up, but since this is going out in the mail, I wanted to try and keep it as flat as possible.


Because I wanted the focus to be on the die and didn't want to cover it up too much, I opted for some really simple skinny Thickers as well as a secondary sentiment (from the Neat & Tangled Art Deco set) stamped on one of Neat & Tangled's Skinny Strips dies which was popped up with foam tape.

Be sure to head over to Simon to check out the full release.  There are some really great things in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment