Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Spellbinders December Large Die of the Month


Hi everyone!  I'm a little late posting with this month's Spellbinders Large Die of the Month kit.  We have had some work going on at our house and the craft room has been out of commission.  Thank goodness it's all done, hopefully I'll be able to get things back in place soon, but in any case it's nice to get back to creating.

This month's kit is a good one.  There are three different layered border die sets.  What I especially like about the set is that while it created the layered borders, it also includes dies that cut the edge of the paper to match.


For this first card, I used that border edge three times, from a gold, navy, and cream cardstock to create a layered fancy edge.  Then I used the top layer of the coordinating border set, cutting it from both gold and navy cardstock. 


The gold piece was adhered to my panel, and then I inlaid just the center portion of the border with pieces from the navy die cut.  The entire panel was then popped up over my card base.

A simple sentiment finished things off.


Spellbinders now also has add ons for their kits.  My second card features the Kaleidescope Petal Dies, which consist of three intricate petal dies that layer to create a really gorgeous pattern.

For this card, I cut the petals twice from three different pieces of cardstock.  Then I adhere the layers together, mixing up the combinations so each of these petals is unique.


The finished petals were adhered to my card base to frame the sentiment.

Aren't those petals so striking?

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. Two simply beautiful cards....love the colors you choose for those amazing dies.

    ReplyDelete