Thursday, January 30, 2020

Altenew Arabesque Medallion


I've really been trying to keep my crafty spending to a minimum in the new year as we're saving up for a big vacation this summer.  So, in addition to using things I've gotten but not inked up yet, I"m also trying to revisit some old favorites, enter Altenew's Arabesque Medallion set.

I really love this image.  It's large and bold, but not overly complicated, so it lends itself to lots of different techniques, but today I decided to simply color it.

I stamped the image on an A2 sized piece of Neenah Solar White cardstock that had not yet been folded, and colored it with Copics.  Then I decided that I could get two cards for the price of one, so I cut the panel right down the center of the image.


For this first card, I simply trimmed the half down to 5 1/2" x 4", added a sentiment from Neat & Tangled's Have Courage stamp set, and then popped the panel up over a dark gray card base.


For my second card, I fussy cut the second half of the medallion, and after adding a sentiment to my panel, from Papertrey's Choose Joy set, adhered the medallion with foam tape.


I added a wine colored mat to finish things off.

This is such a great image, and it was fun to get it out again.  I also love that I was able to get two cards out of the main image.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. It's always great when you can get a twofer, and I love how bold the image looks against the black background. Like you, I'm trying to limit my hoarding tendencies, most of all because I already have so much never before used stuff as well as products that I have only used once or twice, such as this Altenew set. You make me want to go and have a play with this set. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so gorgeous! I love them both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully done! Love it, Miriam! Hope your 2020 is a great one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!! I LOVE your color palette that you chose. The one against the black is amazing. Totally get the spending thing. I was supposed to be on a freeze but then I wasn't. I am going to try again this month. I have so much I don't know what to do with it and I am a mulit-crafter so the supplies have just got out of hand in general.

    ReplyDelete