Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Floral Background from The Stamp Market


I have a thing for background stamps.  I just love them, I think that they are so versatile and there are so many things that you can do with them.  Today I'm sharing a card using the Floral Background Stamp from The Stamp Market.

I wanted to create a soft, watercolored look with the background.  I started by stamping the background with Fairy Dust Ink from WPlus9 just to get a bit of a base layer.

Then I used sponge daubers to apply color to the background using Altenew inks.  All stamping was done using my MISTI.  I started by working on the leaves, using Sweet Leaf ink.  Then I moved onto the flowers, using Dusk ink. 

Then I went back, adding first Desert Night ink towards the centers of my flowers, and then later Andromeda.  I also added some Frayed Leaf to the leaves to add dimension.

This process involved multiple inkings/daubings until I was happy with the results.  I also went back at the end, and stamped another layer of Fairy Dust Ink over the whole image.  Doing this I think helps to soften and blend some of the color together.


The sentiments are from the Have Courage set that I designed for Neat & Tangled.  I stamped with Versafine and then embossed with Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder from Ranger.  I love using that powder with Versafine because it gives it a bit of texture and emphasis, but without the shiny finish.  The courage was stamped on a piece of scrap, fussy cut and popped up for some extra emphasis and dimension.

This is such a beautiful stamp and I love how easy it is to create the look of patterned paper with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment