Thursday, March 5, 2020

SSS Lucky to Know You


Hey all, have you seen the new Lucky to Know You release from Simon Says Stamp?

Today I'm sharing a few cards created using the Clean Line Faith set.  This is a great set, and not just for Easter.  But of course, I have a couple of Easter cards to share.


For this first card, I stamped the large cross with Versamark and embossed it with WOW! Metallic Gold Sparkle Embossing Powder.  Then I stamped the cross again on some wide Post-It tape and cut it of to create a mask which I placed over the cross.

Using a sponge dauber, Squeezed Lemonade and Wild Honey Distress Ink, and a strip of cardstock to use as a mask, I inked rays around the cross.


The sentiments were then stamped with the help of the MISTI.

For this next card, I started by painting an ombre wash over a panel of watercolor paper.


Once that was dry, I stamped the crosses and sentiment with Versafine ink and the embossed with Ranger Frosted Crystal Antiquities Embossing Powder.

To highlight the crosses, colored them in with Copics, adding just a tiny bit of shading.


Super simple and easy.

I also wanted to create a non-Easter card with this set.  Since I had my watercolors out, I created a second panel.  This time, I added the wash just on half of the panel, although I added water to most of the panel when I created it.

Then after I had let the panel dry for a bit, although not complete, I went back with blue, adding a second wash from the bottom up.  I didn't do this all at once because I was afraid I would get more of a green where the colors came together if I did.


Then I just stamped the sentiment in black.  This is such a basic and simple card, but I think it's just right for those difficult situations.  


I really love how clean this font is too.

Be sure to head over to Simon to check out the rest of the release!

2 comments:

  1. Miriam, I really love these cards. I love "real" Easter cards. And the praying for you card is gorgeous--I am going to try those colors...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing cards! Just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete