Thursday, May 7, 2020

Smile! You're incredible!


Hi friends!  I can't believe that we're in May, and still sheltering in place.  It's such a weird time.  I am constantly trying to figure out what day of the week it is!  I was in the mood to do some coloring, so I pulled out another one of my never been used sets, this Oh Snap! set from Concord and 9th.  I love the size of the polaroid camera in this set.

I colored the camera with my cool gray Copics, basically following the lines of the image except for the lens areas.  I didn't want those to be solid, so looking at some photos online, I tried to create the reflections you might see there.  

The set comes with a cute polaroid photo frame image with some sentiments that you can stamp inside, but I wanted my photo to be of a person or critter, so I went spelunking in my stamp stash and picked out several cute images that I thought would work.  I ended up deciding to use this cute little girl with a lollipop from the Find a Reason to Smile set by Love Cynthia.


I stamped the polaroid photo frame on my cardstock, and then on a sticky note which I fussy cut to create a mask.  Placing the mask over the frame, I then stamped the little girl, and then colored her with Copics.

Using a craft knife, I cut a slit in the camera image where the photo would pop out, so I could tuck my faux photo inside.  The SMILE! and you're incredible! sentiments were stamped with Versafine.

I chose a patterned paper from an older Crate Paper 6x6 pad that was a little busier, so I kept everything else simple.  The camera was adhered directly to the patterned paper, but I did add a bit of foam tape to the bottom of the photo to give it some dimension.

That's all for me today, hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

1 comment: