Tuesday, June 30, 2020

C9 Cool Treats Bundle


Hi everyone!  I've got a couple cards to share today using the Concord and 9th Cool Treats bundle (which is actually on sale right now).  These cards ended up being VERY different.

For the first card, I used the turnabout, stamping it with Altenew inks: Turquoise, Starlight, Coral Berry, and Ruby Red.


I thought the background would be perfect for a fourth of July card, but I could find a basic fourth sentiment, so I went with this US map sentient from an older Simon Says Stamp set called Brave.  The sentiment was inked with the four colors using my MISTI.


I cut a couple banners from blue and white cardstock to break up the background a little bit and then fussy cut the sentiment piece and popped it up over top.

It's a little busier than I usually go with cards, but I think it works.

Probably as a reaction to how busy the last card was, I went super simple with this next card which uses some of the dies from the coordinating die set.


I cut three sets of sno-cone tops and sno-cone cones.

The tops were colored with Copics.  I started by coloring the entire piece with my lightest Copic color, and instead of smooth shading, I added the coloring in a pixelated fashion, just adding dots to the piece.  In case you're wondering here are the colors I used:  red - R22, R24, R29, R39; blue - B21, B23, B34, B37, B39; green - G02, G03, G09, G17, G29.  That's a lot of colors, I know.  I actually started with just three, but I wasn't getting a big enough contrast, so I added darker shades as I went along.  That's the best way to do it with this technique I think, I used colors light to dark when I did my pixels....it's much easier to add darker colors as needed rather than to start off too dark.


For the cones themselves, I added a bit of shading to them using C1, C2, and C3, and then stamped the strips using one of the extra texture stamps in the turnabout set.  They were stamped with Ruby Red, Starlight, and Just Green.

I arranged them on my panel, and then stamped the sentient, also from the turnabout set, in Versafine.

See you back here tomorrow for June's reading recap post!

1 comment: