Friday, June 26, 2020

SSS Send Happiness Schnauzer


Happy Friday!  I've got a couple cards to share today using the adorable Lil Critters Schnauzer die from new Simon Says Stamp Send Happiness release.

Is he not the cutest?  He's also only $4.99!  I had a great time coloring him and putting these cards together!


For this first card, I started by die cutting the dog from some Cement Gray cardstock.  He was then colored with Copics.  I used the Warm Gray family - W0, W1, W2, W3, and W5.  The nose and eyes were colored with W9 so I got a really dark color, but it was still the tone of the rest of the puppy.  I also used a white gel pen to add accents to the eyes and nose.

I was a litter nervous about coloring him because he doesn't have lines, so I was kind of winging it, but I pulled up some images of schnauzers on my ipad, and it was easier than I thought it would be.

For the background, I used the Geo Leaves stencil, inking it first with Altenew Misty Morning ink, and then with Altenew Nimbus ink after shifting the paper down just a bit.


I added a strip of woodgrain patterned paper for the 'floor' and a sentiment from the Healing Hugs set.  

For this second card, I die cut the dog from white cardstock, and colored him with my Cool Grays, using C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, and C7.  The eyes and nose were colored with C9, and I again added accents with a white gel pen.


I added a bit of black inking to the bottom of a white panel for ground like, and then added a die cut sentiment using two of the words in the Oh Hello There die.  Each of the words was cut three times and adhered together and then to the card.


I also rounded the corners of my panel and chose a bright blue patterned paper for the mat - the pattern reminded me of something this little guy might wear in the winter.

Thanks for visiting!  Be sure to head over to Simon to check out the rest of the new release!

4 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!!! Love your coloring on that puppy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!!! Your coloring really brought this puppy die to life!!! Fabulous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great! I just love how you colored these adorable puppies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific!!! And I have 2 schnauzers so I just have to get this!!

    ReplyDelete