Tuesday, July 7, 2020

The Greetery Simple Things


Today I've got a couple of cards to share using The Greetery's Simple Things set.

I love eucalyptus, and this is such a well done set.

For my first card, I used the large leafy curved branch.  It was stamped and die cut twice.  I used Altenew inks, Moon Rock for the stem, and Limestone and Misty Morning for the leaves.


I wasn't quite sure how I was going to arrange the branches, but I liked how they fit together to create a frame.  Now I just needed something to go inside the frame.

I decided that the larger bird from The Greetery's Robin and Wren set would be perfect.  He was stamped with Limestone, Silver Stone, Misty Morning, and Cloudy Sky.  The beak and legs were done in Moon Rock and the eye in Lava Rock.


I finished the card off with a sentiment from my old Dala Horse set for Neat & Tangled which was stamped on one of the Skinny Strips dies in Lava Rock ink.

I thought about popping the bird up, but I was worried his feet might get snagged on something, so I decided to keep everything nice and flat.

My second card uses the two eucalyptus stems.


These were stamped with Moon Rock, Mountain Mist, and Cloudy Sky.

I used two of the large stems, and one small stem.  One of the large stems was trimmed down.  You could see where a couple of the leaves that were trimmed off met up with the stem.  I added a little dot of Moon Rock ink to the center of the stem using an embossing tool and a dot ink so that it looks like a continuous stem.  I also used a white gel pen to color over the bits of the leaf.


I wanted a little bit of texture, so I used my sewing machine to sew across the bottom of the card and stems (also covering up where I did my stem repair) varying the stitch a bit for interest.

The sentiment, from the set, was stamped in Lava Rock.

This is such a pretty set, and I love how easy they were to stamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment