Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Concord and 9th Pretty Poppies


Hi friends!  It's starting to feel a little cooler here, so I pulled out some fall colors to create today's card.


I'm using the Pretty Poppy dies from Concord and 9th.  I love the dimension you get from these!


There are two different sizes of petals and you cut two of each for each flower, plus the center, so five layers of cardstock.  I used a glue dot in the center of the die cut to adhere each of the parts of the flower, so there's plenty of movement and play with them.  I created three flowers, one each using PTI Pure Poppy, MFT Electric Red, and PTI Terracotta Tile.


The set also has three leaf dies which were cut using two different shades of green cardstock:  PTI New Leaf and Green Parakeet cardstock.


I wanted something a little softer and more feminine for a mat, so I used the largest frame from the Scalloped dies I designed for Neat & Tangled, and finished things off with a sentiment from Janes Doodles' You Got This stamp set.


These dies are so quick and easy to use.  I'm thinking I need to cut some from felt next!

1 comment: