Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Papertrey Ink Text & Texture Leaves

 


Fall is my favorite season, and with the cooler weather, I was in the mood to make some fall cards.  I pulled out the Text & Texture Leaves set from Papertrey Ink (FYI, last I checked it was on sale for $8.80 which is a steal!), pulled a bunch of papers/cardstock and inks out and went to town.

I love all the different possible combinations you can get with this set.  I made a whole bunch of different backgrounds in one sitting, and then later went back to them to create cards.  The cards are on the simpler side because I love the backgrounds so much I didn't want to cover them up too much.  


This one was stamped with Rouge and Velvet (I used all Altenew inks) on orange cardstock.  The Rouge came out a bit light after it had dried, so I went back and added a second layer of Rouge.

Most of my stamped panels I trimmed right down to the edge of the design, but for this one I left a bit of a border.  I stitched the panel to my card base, and added a sentiment from the Papertrey's Phrase Play 7 die.  The 'For You' was also from the Text & Texture set and was stamped on a Skinny Stripes die from Neat & Tangled.  I added a bit of stitching to the banner after I adhered it for some extra interest and texture.


Next, up, a card created using the exact same ink combination (Rouge and Velvet) on a really subtle piece of patterned paper.  


For this one, I just stamped the sentiment (from Paper Smooches Inhale Exhale set) with Versafine Smokey Grey ink.  Then I heat embossed it using Ranger Frosted Crystal Antiquities embossing powder.  It gives it a bit of texture and a more matte look.


A natural white mat finished things off.


For this card, I started with a piece of kraft and used Coral Berry and Grapevine for my two layers.  

For the sentiment piece, I used skinny tag die, partially cut it, then turned it around and finished die cutting so that I had a piece with the tag hole on both ends.  I threaded some twine through the piece twice and secured it to the back of my panel.  


This was then popped up over a cardstock mat, and I added the 'thanks' from last year's Spellbinders October Large Die of the Month.

Next up a pair of cards I created using two of my panels. They were both stamped on white cardstock.  The first one used Orange Cream and Firebrick and the second Autumn Blaze and Cosmic Berry.


I lined the two panels up making sure that they were aligned, and then I cut each into quadrants.  These were then mixed up diagonally and adhered to two pieces of scrap paper.


I added a mat to each and popped the sentiment up over the panel.  The So Very Thankful is from Concord and 9th's Lace Leaf set, and the other is from Neat & Tangled's Maple Thanks set.

This next card is a similar idea, utilizing two panels.  The first was stamped on another very subtle patterned paper using Butternut and Autumn Blaze, and the second used Coral Berry and Grapevine on a piece of yellow cardstock.


I trimmed down the yellow piece so it was centered on the patterned paper panel with enough of a border that you could tell the design continues.

After adding an extremely thin mat to each, they were adhered together.


The sentiment is from Jane's Doodles You Got This sentiment set and was embossed with Hero Arts Princess Gold.  That portion of the panel is darker, but I added just a bit of inking with a a brush to make sure it stood out a bit more.

This next card is the one where the pattern is covered up the most, and potentially my least favorite for that reason.


This time I stamped the pattern on a piece of Primitive Cream cardstock using Sicilian Amber and Grapevine.  

This sentiment, from Neat & Tangled is one of my favorites for Thanksgiving, and I stamped and embossed it on a piece of vellum.  I then cut a piece of cream cardstock just smaller than the vellum and adhered it to my stamped background.  The vellum was tacked down with a bit of adhesive under the larger letters and then stitched to the panel.


I think this last card has my favorite stamped panel.  For this one I started with Razzleberry and Cosmic Berry on kraft, but the contrast wasn't deep enough for me, so I went back over the second layer with Ultraviolet.  Don't you love the combination?


I finished it off with one of my Skinny Strips and a sentiment from Birch Leaf set for Neat & Tangled.


Phew!  That's a lot of cards, but so much fun making and experimenting with the inks and papers.  Hope that you are enjoying fall crafting as much as I am!

1 comment: