Friday, June 26, 2026

SSS Shine On Blog Hop

 *This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.


Happy Friday! Today I'm hopping with Simon Says Stamp celebrating the new Shine On release. You should be arriving here from Heather Ruwe's blog, and I have the full list below if you need it. There are lots of prizes at stake. Simon is giving away a $25 store credit at each stop along the hop, all you need to do is leave a comment, and you're entered to win. In addition, any Shine On purchase this weekend will receive the above stamp set free! 

Today I'm featuring my new Beach Bird's Eye cover as well as my Chill Vibes sentiment set, which I designed to go along with the cover plate. 


This is a super easy cover plate to work with, and I'm so happy with how the scene looks when complete. It's designed to show five ocean layers, one 'foam' layer, and three sand layers. For my two cards I used the same cardstock colors for the sand/foam, but varied the colors for the ocean. 

Both cards use the Chill Vibes set for the sentiments. For this first card, the outline sentiment was stamped first, and then the solid stamped over top using Sky ink.



For the second card, the outline was again stamped with black, but this time, I used both Tidepool and Tropic ink with the solid sentiment stamp to create an ombre effect.


For my final card, instead of using the full cover, I just die cut the ocean layers from different shades of blue cardstock. These were adhered to a white panel with a bit of space between them.


The sentiments, also from the Chill Vibes set, were then stamped directly on the panel.


That's all for me today. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win the $25 at this stop. Next up is Alberto Gava, and the full list is below if you need it. Enjoy the hop!

65 comments:

  1. Love the sentiments in the Chill Vibes set, & you've used them perfectly. The ocean waves are making me want to sit on the shore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the clever ways to use Beach Bird's Eye die!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat idea to only use part of the die…enjoyed all the cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice that you made such simple cards with waves. VERY COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you turned the waves for a vertical card…its how I picture waves because I enjoy walking the beach when I get there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soooo cool!! Would have never thought to turn this die on its side.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the variety of ways you used the new Beach Bird’s Die. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the inspiration! Such simple cards that say a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the variety of cards you created with the same faceplate. Very nice collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the inspiration! Such simple cards with lots to say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that you showed some alternate ways to use the same die

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sure are fun cards. I really like the layout options for the die set--sweet colors too. AND--the free gift is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome cover plate and sentiments! Love the colors you used on these beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I LOVE the waves!! Just stunning! Great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the different color palette in each card. The one with the darker blues is my favorite card. All have a great beachy, summery feel.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the use of different color palette for each card. They all have beachy, summery feel to them. The one with the darker blues is my favorite card. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. SUCH cool backgrounds with this die! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you used the die! What an effect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the way your cards made me feel - relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are really cool. I love the waves, they are really relaxing, if that makes sense. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice clen lines and design, very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards! I love the cover die design.

    ReplyDelete
  23. super cards - love the colorful backgrounds

    ReplyDelete
  24. these cards are so beautiful! Now that I am seeing your cards I am envisioning them with so many other simple font sentiments! thanks for the Inspo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such fun cards! Makes me want to go to the beach right NOW! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the cards. So cool and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mesmerizing backgrounds. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the versatility of this die. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Those are some wonderful beaches. Your color gradations are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Incredible cards. I really love the peaceful feel to them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cool design for any occassion. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the summer vibes of your cards! Thank you for sharing how to use the die!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cool cards Miriam! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I live at the beach so these sets would be great to make for friends, family and neighbors. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a great background for summer

    ReplyDelete
  36. I can think of so many ways to use both the cover plate and the sentiments. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Clean and elegant. Love your style

    ReplyDelete
  38. Well there's another die I need to add to my collection!! Great inspiration Miriam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This coverplate is Amazing!!! Gorgeous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful cards! Love the colors you chose for the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  41. lovely card using the waves background

    ReplyDelete
  42. These cards are so clean and calming! Love the colorful, fun, and summer inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  43. This cover plate is a brilliant idea! And your cards are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your cards truly evoke chill vibes. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your cards say Summer and bring a relaxing vibe.
    Very creative, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fun summer cards. I like how the different colors create different scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Love the beach cards. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Amazing cards! Love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wonderful colors! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Great "chill" cards-- makes me want to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete