Thursday, July 23, 2026

SSS Every Happiness Release

 *This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.


Hi friends! The Every Happiness release from Simon Says Stamp is now available, and I've got a few new products in this release, including my latest big leaf design, Oak Leaf.

The stencil set includes four stencils, and there's a coordinating die which also includes the blessed sentiment dies that you see here.

For this card, started by stenciling the leaf using the new Green Forests set of mini inks. There are two color families included in the set, and I used the Jade, Eucalyptus, and Juniper trio.

To add some elegance and interest to the leaf, I used gold paint pen to trace along segments of the lines in the leaf.


Next, I fussy cut the leaf. Of course there is a coordinating die, but I wanted to give it a faux gilded look, so I fussy cut the leaf, and used the coordinating die to cut a solid leaf from Gold Matte cardstock. The leaf was adhered over top. This gives it such a pretty look, seeing that Gold Matte peeking out from behind.

For the background, I cut a panel of Glossy Black cardstock. I used some Tim Holtz Gold Alcohol Ink Mixative which was mixed with a little bit of blending solution, and then splattered onto the panel. 

The leaf was popped up with foam tape. The sentiment was die cut from Gold Matte, and the shadow piece from the Glossy Black, and the completed sentiment was then popped up over the leaf.

I'm so pleased with how this turned out. I kind of want to gild all of my leaves now!

I'll see you back here tomorrow for a fun blog hop. Until then, be sure to stop by Simon to see the full release, including my other new products: Positive Thoughts and Desert Horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment