Thursday, September 24, 2026

STAMPtember, Christmas Tree Halves

 *This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.


Hi folks, today I'm sharing cards created using my Christmas Tree Halves stencils. This is a set of four stencils. Two work together to create one set of trees in the row, one right side up, and the other upside down. These create every other row of the design. You then shift the stencils down to fill in the blank rows.

For my first card, I inked up the stencils using Sprout and Pearfection for the right side up trees, and Kale and Artichoke for the upside down trees. Fun fact, I originally planned to use this with the darker trees right side up, but decided I liked the brighter ones better. 

Anyway, to add a bit of definition to the trees, I very loosley outlined them with a journaling pen. I also added a bit of gold splatter using Pawsitively Perfect Splatter.


The Merry & Bright sentient was die cut from Gold Matte, adhered to a black shadow piece, and then popped up with foam adhesive.

For this next card, I stenciled the trees in Pine and Sage, and then Marine and Sweets. This time, instead of just shifting the stencils down, I also shifted them to the side, so rather than having the trees line up directly below one another, they are offset. I also only used Marine on every other row.


For the sentiment, I swiped my Sweets inkpad over some white cardstock, and then die cut my Joyful sentiment. This was then adhered to a white shadow piece and popped up with foam adhesive. I also added a secondary sentiment using a Sentiment Strip.


Next, I thought it would be fun to show off how you can use just a portion of the design to create some really simple one layer cards.



First up, the simplest version. I inked up one set of the trees using Pine and Sage at the bottom of my panel, and then added a sentiment from an older retired set called Holiday Greetings.


Next, I did the same thing, and added just one of the top sections with Morning ink. This might be my favorite of the three cards, I really love the modern vibe. The sentiment is another from the Holiday Greetings set.


For this last card, I used the full design, adding Sky for the final color, and this time used a sentiment from the Peaceful Trees set.


Hope this has given you some ideas for how to use these stencils, thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment