*This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.
It's the second day of STAMPtember, and Simon Says Stamp is hosting a blog party!
This is different from a blog hop where there are stops linked to one another. Instead, everyone is linked to the Simon Says Stamp blog, and there are links to all the participants from there. There are A LOT of participants, so be prepared for a ton of inspiration!
There are all sorts of prizes sprinkled throughout the party stops, my prize is the above stamp/die set that you can get free with any $30 order using code MBLM.
OK, on to the inspiration. Since this is a party, I thought I would feature my new party themed products: Celebrate, Party Streamers, and Background Streamers. First up Background Streamers, which is a set of two stencils that layer rogether to create a dimensional background.
For this first card, I used Bubblegum and Sweets. Bubblegum was used for the front/lighter portions of the design, and Sweets for the inside/darker portions. I inked with a large blending brush, and then went in with a smaller one, using the same ink color, to darken up the edges to create moe dimension.
For the sentiment, I die cut the shadow piece from my Celebrate dies in white. I then swiped the Sweets inkpad over white cardstock, and die cut the sentiment itself from that. A Reverse Sentiment Strip finished things off.
For this next card, the background was created using Bubblegum and Sweets again along with Heather and Violet.
Starting with the lighter/front stencil, I randomly inked Bubblegum and Heather, then placed the second stencil over top, and inked the darker shades based on where the lighter shades had been inked.
I also added some very soft pink inking around the edges of my panel to soften it a bit.
After inking some white cardstock with the same colors, I die cut the Cheering You On sentiment, adhered it to a white cardstock shadow piece, and added a Reverse Sentiment Strip.
Next up the Party Streamers dies. These mimic the stenciled background, but are a bit thinner. In many ways they are bigger, curvier versions of my Ribbon Quilt dies.
I chose two shades of teal, and two shades of yellow, and created several streamers in each color family. The die set includes the large streamer base, and then two sets of pieces that create the lighter/front version, one set runs in one direction, and the other the opposite.
For my cards I mixed up the orientation as well as the sentiment, using my Celebrate sentiment for the vertical card, and Yay You for the horizontal card.
These are pretty easy to put together, and easily mass producible.
That's all for me today, be sure to head over to the Simon Blog to check out all the creators participating in the party!














No comments:
Post a Comment