*This post contains affiliate links to Simon Says Stamp.
Happy Friday! I'm hopping with Simon Says Stamp today, celebrating the Sending Cheer release. You should be arriving from Mindy Eggen's blog.
As always, Simon is giving away a $25 store credit at each stop along the hop. All you need to do to be entered to win is leave a comment. Also, all Sending Cheer orders this weekend will receive the above Hedge Hugs set free, isn't it cute?
OK, let's get down to the cards. Today I'm showing off my Christmas Ornaments stamps and dies. Each ornament in this set has a solid shape, and two layers of detail as well as an ornament topper.
For my first set of cards, I really wanted to try and recreate the look of mercury glass ornaments.
I created two sets of ornaments: One where I used Liquid Platinum embossing powder for the solid layer and then Silver embossing powder for the second layer, and one where I reversed that using Silver for the solid layer and Liquid Platinum for the second layer.
The third detail layer was embossed with Embossing Glaze. I used Lumberjack Plaid on the ornaments that had Liquid Platinum for the solid layer, and Mowed Lawn for the ones with the Silver base layer. For both sets, I used Gold embossing powder or the ornament topper.
The finished ornament were die cut, and adhered to my card panels, some directly, and some with foam adhesive. The sentiments, also from the set, were Gold embossed on black cardstock and popped up as well. A few sequins and colored cardstock mats finished things off.
I was having so much fun with the layered embossing, that I decided to create ornaments using Embossing Glaze as the base.
I stamped two ornaments in each of the color combinations: Kitsch Flamingo for the base, and Picked Raspberry for the main detail; Broken China for the base, and Mermaid Lagoon for the main detail; and
Twisted Citron for the base and Mowed Lawn for the main detail.
I kept the panels very simple, just adding a little bit of inking using Distress Inks in Kitsch Flamingo, Broken China, and Twisted Citron, and added sentiments from the stamp set.
Just one last quick card. White on kraft is one of my happy places, and I thought the ornaments would look great white embossed on kraft. This time, I used only the detail layers.
I started by die cutting the ornaments. These were then placed back into the panel they were die cut from, in my stamping platform. This way, if they lifted out during the stamping process, I could easily re-align them.
The two detail layers and ornament toppers were stamped in succession with Versamark (I left off the second detail layer for the second ornament from the left), and the white embossed.
Simon Says Stamp Blog
Heather Hoffman
Suzy Plantamura
Cathy Zielske
Nicky Meek
Laura Bassen
Amy Rysavy
Bibi Cameron
Cheiron Brandon
Mindy Eggen
Miriam Prantner
Anne Fiene
Barb Engler
Kristin Sluhan
Betsy Green
Amanda Wilcox
The two detail layers and ornament toppers were stamped in succession with Versamark (I left off the second detail layer for the second ornament from the left), and the white embossed.
The sentiment was white embossed as well, and the ornaments were then added using a combination of liquid and foam adhesive.
I've got lots more ideas for how to use these ornaments, so expect to see them again!
Your next stop on the hop is Anne Fiene, and the full list is below. Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win the store credit, and enjoy the rest of the hop!
Heather Hoffman
Suzy Plantamura
Cathy Zielske
Nicky Meek
Laura Bassen
Amy Rysavy
Bibi Cameron
Cheiron Brandon
Mindy Eggen
Miriam Prantner
Anne Fiene
Barb Engler
Kristin Sluhan
Betsy Green
Amanda Wilcox














No comments:
Post a Comment