Friday, June 24, 2011

Easy Weeknight Dinner

I know I haven't posted much work lately....I'm working on a bunch of things, but am waiting for some supplies to come in and am also catching up on my youngest's first year book. So, it's coming, but in the meantime I thought I would share one of our family's favorite recipes. Since I work fulltime, by the time I pick the girls up and get home it's about 5:30. Since the youngest, Carina (whom I will now refer to Lil Bit) goes to bed around 6:30/6:45 that's not a lot of time to get dinner together. This fits the bill and is basically the only time I make fish since it's quick, easy, and not fishy smelling (recipe was from Cooking Light):

1 1/2 T olive oil
1 t smoked paprika
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/4 t freshly ground black pepper (I use regular since I"m not fancy enough to have fresh)
4 (6 oz) tilapia fillets
cooking spray

Heat a large non-stick grill pan over medium high heat (I am also not fancy enough to have a grill pan so I just use a non-stick skillet).

Combine oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl, stirring well.

Rub fish evenly with oil mixture.

Coat pan with cooking spray.

Add fish to pan, cook 4 minutes on a side or until fish flakes easily.

The receipe originally said to serve it with polenta, but my husband would starve rather than eat polenta, so we use egg noodles.

Try it, it's easy and good! Ellie, my oldest who is almost 4, hereafter referred to as Little Miss, loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment