Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Card for SPARKS Challenge



This idea has been percolating in my brain for a week or so now, but of course I waited until the last minute to get it down on paper (literally).

Here's the inspiration from PS:



Super simple card to make, just a lot of cutting tiny little sugar cubes (that's what the blocks are, the sugar cube from the Hot Concoctions set), and then getting them in the right configuration....a good card to make while you're catching up on some TV shows.

The other great thing about this card was that I got to use scraps. I opted for some of my old Creative Memories cardstock, great bright colors, and a little thinner which makes cutting tiny pieces out a little easier.

Originally I wanted the sentiment to say Practice Joy, but I was reading about choices last night, and choose seemed so much more appropriate, I mean, if you're choosing then you're practicing too, right?

For that piece on top that says 'choose' I wanted to use vellum, but I don't actually have any vellum. What I do have is parchment paper. Parchment paper is a bit slick, so I sanded it down to get the ink to stick. I also didn't have a stamp that said choose, so I printed the word in a font that I liked (just from Microsoft Word), then put the parchment paper on top and traced it using a zig marker.



I punched a couple holes in the vellum using my soft set eyelet setter and threaded through a rainbow of Twinery twine colors to complete the look.

This was fun, and I'm thinking it would be easy to make a whole set of cards spelling things out this way. This card is also a great reminder that even the smallest stamp in your set can be the star. Love those little stamps!

Two more days til the weekend!

Supplies Used:
Cardstock: CTMH White Daisy, Creative Memories, colors (sorry don't know the names)
Ink: CTMH Black
Other: CTMH Dimensional Foam Tape, CTMH Softset Eyelet tool, Twinery Twine (Maraschino, Mandarin, Lemon Drop, Peapod, Denim, Lilac).

1 comment:

  1. aww this is so darn clever...I love what you have created here. You are very creative...

    ReplyDelete