Monday, April 9, 2012

Viva la Verve April - Week 2



Here's my second Viva la Verve card for this month. This one uses CTMH Roxie papers and Verve's Psalm 121:1-2 Plain Jane. This verse/Psalm has a special meaning to me. When each of our daughters was born, I picked a few passages to learn/recite to them each night as I was putting them to bed. This is one of the passages that I learned for Carina.

For the background portion of the card I pretty much stuck to the sketch. On the front piece I deviated a little. I offset the oval (mine were cut using the CM custom cutting system). I really love the swirls/flourishes on the patterned paper for the front of the card, so I traced the large one and that little flourish at the bottom of the oval so that they would fall in front of the oval. Originally, I was going to have that large curved piece lie flat against the card, but I kind of like the height/dimension it adds, so I left it popping up.



For the trim piece, I just used a strip of black cardstock, and then I cut four pieces of hemp. I grouped them two and two, and then hooked them together.



The little tag that is hanging down is actually a button. I strung a piece of twine through one hole and tied it to create a large loop. To make the small loop through which the tag is strung, I just tied a knot/bow using some twine. Then I cut a little circle of Desert Sand cardstock, stamped one of the small flowers from the Happy Clusters stamp set, and inked around the edges. I adhered it to the front of the button using a 3L Dodz. It was fun to create my own embellishment, and I'm going to link this up to Moxie Fab World's DIY Embellishments Challenge.

Hope you had a good start to your week and a wonderful Easter. I'm home tomorrow to do taxes....ugh....

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock: CTMH - Roxie Level 2 Paper Packet; Black and Desert Sand Cardstock
Stamps: Verve - Psalm 121:1-2 Plain Jane; CTMH - Happy Clusters
Ink: CTMH - Black, Desert Sand, Tulip
Other: CTMH - Sponge Dauber, Craft Knife, Hemp, Kraft Button; The Twinery - Cappuccino twine; CM - Custom Cutting System ovals; Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L - Dodz; Crafty Foam Tape

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I so needed this beautiful reminder today, Miriam! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for your support of my creations during this month's MSS Kit Release, too. I so appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miriam! Thanks for linking this up to the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is gorgeous...I love that amazing verse. Such a pretty card...

    Hope you are enjoying your Saturday..

    ReplyDelete