Saturday, August 17, 2013

3 Peas in a Pod - Cocoa Daisy August Sketch and Elle's Studio Use Your Stash


I'm trying to do better about keeping up with my scrapbooking....I have piles and piles of photos to scrap....so I'm trying to complete at least one layout a week.  This week I decided to play along with Cocoa Daisy's August Sketch challenge, by happy coincidence Elle's Studio is sponsoring a Use Your Stash challenge this week and their papers and tags were perfect for this layout.

These photos are from a couple years ago when we were visiting Andrew's parents.  It's kind of crazy that Carina is now almost as big as Ellie was at the time.

Anyway, I was able to incorporate all sorts of fun goodies.  Elle's Studio papers and tags, BossyJoscie flair, SC veneers, Pretty Little Studio tag, Sketchbook Thickers, lots of things I have been hoarding.  (I'm also going through a craft area move/overhaul and have realized I have a ton of stuff and should stop saving things for 'the perfect time'.)

This one came together quickly and easily and has assuaged my scrapbooking guilt for the week.

Hope your weekend is going well!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Elle's Studio - Day to Day collection and Limited Edition Vellum; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock
Ink:  Hero Arts - Soft Pool Shadow Ink
Other:  Elle's Studio - Day to Day Tabs and Tidbits; American Crafts - Sketchbook Thickers and Dear Lizzy Brads; BossyJoscie flair; Studio Calico - Wood Veneer Asterisks and Badges,  Pretty Little Studio - Sandcastle Number tags; My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline label sticker; Pigma - Black Micron Pen; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; CTMH - Liquid Glass

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout!!! I love the colors!! Yeah for using your stuff!! The perfect time to use it is at that moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful!! Loving the colors, the title and the flair buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely layout Miriam!
    Love the serene colors and you have such a nice handwriting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great challenge for yourself-- back in March I said I wanted to do one layout a month.... so far I've completed NOTHING! OH MY! I guess I need to think about my goals again:)

    LOVE the colors for this page-- What a fun title area and those buttons/flairs are PERFECT! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layouts! Each is so different and so perfect. Love the colors you used and the clustered goodies in the opposite corners...great pics of your fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of the three photos! I love this muted tones with the B/W photos! The embellishments are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so pretty, Miriam! Really love those soft colors with your black and white photos! Such a great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww this is so sweet! I love the pictures in black and white and the embellishments are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful layout. Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete