Sunday, August 18, 2013

Winter and Spring for Elle's Studio


The mailman brought me my recent Shutterfly order over the weekend, and I was able to pull together a couple more layouts for Elle's Studio's Use Your Stash weekend challenge.

This first layout is from this past Christmas.  It 'snowed' Christmas evening so I ran the girls out to my parents first thing in the morning as my whole family was in town, in order to get some sledding in with their aunts/uncle/cousin.  Shortly after I took the photos (like minutes) Carina decided she was not into it and wanted back inside, so my older sister ended up taking Ellie out.

I used the Serendipity line for this layout, and I have used more tags on this layout than I ever have on a single layout.  The cherish tag is actually part of the paper, and I thought I would create kind of a border of tags on the right side to go along with it.

The alphas are some old MME Luxe alphas that are actually a lighter shade of pink.  I darkened them up with a sponge dauber and some Tulip ink.

This next layout includes no photos of people!  And it's not about my family!  My favorite flowers are peonies.  We have two peony plants in our yard.  I always look forward to when those big flowers show up - to me it means spring is really here to stay.  I had snapped a few photos this spring, and as part of my efforts to scrap a little more about myself, thought they were the makings of a good layout.


I used one of the circle elements from my new Well Rounded stencil to create those bright pink flower like elements on the base page.  They are painted on using a paintbrush dipped in Dylusions Bubblegum ink spray.  Some vellum elements and a tag from the Serendipity exclusive kit and one of the You and Me stamps were added as well as some lines that I drew around the edges of the layout using a ruler.

That's all for today!  We had a happy family reunion this morning when Andrew arrived, heading straight to one of our favorite breakfast places as Andrew was craving bacon.  After two plus weeks apart, it's great to have everyone under one roof again!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Supplies Used
Celebrate Snow
Paper/Cardstock:  Elle's Studio - Serendipity papers; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  Elle's Studio - Day to Day Happy Moments stamp
Ink:  Hero Arts - Soft Granite; CTMH - Tulip
Other:  Elle's Studio - Serendipity Cutouts, Tidbits, Lil' Snippets, and Limited Edition Vellum and Tags, MME - Luxe Alpha; Pigma - Black Micron Pen; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

Peonies
Paper/Cardstock:  CTMH - White Daisy
Stamps:  Elle's Studio - You & Me 2x3 stamp
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Elle's Studio - Serendipity Limited Edition Vellum and Tags; The Crafter's Workshop - Well Rounded 12x12 stencil; Ranger - Bubble Gum Dylusions Ink Spray; American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Berry Thickers; Scrapbook Adhesives - Black Photo Corners; Xyron - 1 1/2" Sticker Maker; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; Pigma - Black Micron Pen

21 comments:

  1. What a precious page, Miriam! LOVE those pics to bits and another fabulous take on the Elle's challenge! Great job, girl! Oh, and I'm so in love with those painted blooms on your "peonies" page! They really pop on that bright white base. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful pages my Friend!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!!! LOVING that masking on the second one and the adorable photos on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these, Miriam! The cute photos on the first, paired with the stacked journaling spots is such a great design and so is the stencil work on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I love how you journaled on the first page a lot! Your second layout photos are amazing girlie!!! Too cute and beautiful!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both layouts are totally cute :)


    Best crafty wishes!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad everyone is home and under one roof!!! Such an adorable page! Love the pictures and all that pink :-) And the peonies are really pretty! It gets to hot where I live to grow them

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous! I love the journaling blocks down the side on your first layout and such sweet photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did those tags down the first page. The color palette is gorgeous too. And love the stencil and colors on that second one. Both just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your scrapbooking is really wonderful. It is such fun to see little girls all bundled up in the winter. My daughters are just dying to see snow--they are both born and raised in San Diego--and think snow looks like great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, Miriam...glad you got your hubby back, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous layouts!!! You rock the scrapbooking!!! Glad Andrew made it back ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layouts Miriam! I love the first one. It's so cute. Those girls are adorable. Those expressions are priceless! And I love how you used the vellum on the layout. The second one is equally fabulous. I love that Bubblegum spray! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute the snow pics on your page. I love flower photography so your second layout really grabbed me

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both so much! The first one is sweet and lovely with the girls. The 2nd one with peony is beautiful (great composition)!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both lo's are awesome. I love the tags on the first and the pinky peach colors. the second looks so artistic! The photos are perfect and the CAS design really let's them shine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwww! This is fantastic! Love the photos too!!!

    ReplyDelete