Sunday, August 25, 2013

Lil Inker Designs Birthday Cards


Thought I would play along with the birthday challenge over at Lil Inker Designs today.

I created two cards using the Rainbows & Clouds dies.


For the first card I wanted a longer rainbow.  I created two of the large rainbow elements, inverting the colors on the second one so when I put them together in an 's' curve/wave, the colors are continuous.

In order to make putting the rainbow together a little easier, I traced the shape of the rainbow die cut onto some scrap cardstock and then adhered the individual strips to that. 

The sentiment is also from the Rainbows & Clouds.  It's not overtly birthday, but I think it definitely fits in the theme.


My second card is in the next post....had to break them up as they linky widget wouldn't allow me to link twice to this post.

Hope your weekend is going well!  We are down to one kid again.  Andrew starts work tomorrow, and so Ellie is out with my parents for a few days.  Carina moves up to the three year old preschool class tomorrow, she's going to be a Puffin!  I'm pretty excited, she's ready to move on, but I am sad that the one teacher's helper who has been with her from the very start won't be moving on with them.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Creative Memories - Assorted colors from Contemporary cardstock pack; Coredinations - Blue card base; CTMH - White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps:  Lil Inker Designs - Rainbows & Clouds stamp set
Ink:  Memento - Tuxedo Black
Other:  Lil Inker Designs - Rainbows & Clouds Dies; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

4 comments:

  1. Both are awesome but the first is just ingenious with that double rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love loving the double rainbow!!!!! WOW!! I hadn't thought of that. I'm super excited to see that you joined us for our birthday challenge!
    Laura
    Lil' Inker Designs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sooo cute!!! I love how the rainbows hang off the card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cool rainbow! I LOVE how you extended it--so clever!

    ReplyDelete