Thursday, August 29, 2013

Mesmerized by the Lawnmower - Lily Bee Sketch and Simon Says Stamp Dotty Challenge


Hey everyone, trying to stay true to my goal to do at least one layout a week.  This week I'm playing along with a couple challenges, and continuing to work on some photos from our family vacation last summer.  I'm actually making a dent in those photos, and am hoping to be done relatively soon (don't ask about the Budapest/Hungary trip...).

Here's the Lily Bee Sketch:


I'm using papers from Lily Bee's Destination collection as well as a sheet of CTMH cardstock in Buttercup.  The circles were all cut with my old CM custom cutting system circles, and I did a fair amount of stitching on this one too (it's a little wonky...my stitching and curves is not always the best combination).

For most of the decorative circle/chevron elements I pulled out Ronda Palazarri's Well Rounded stencil again.  It's such a versatile stencil and I used three of the different circle elements.  For the chevrons I cut an arrow shape from a scrap piece of paper and used a sponge dauber with gray ink, dabbing away from the arrow.  It's subtle, but I think it works.


Since I've got lots of polka dots/circles on this one, it's perfect for the Monday challenge at Simon Says Stamp.

Thanks so much for coming by!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Lily Bee - Destination Collection; CTMH - Buttercup cardstock
Ink:  CTMH - Grey Wool
Other:  The Crafter's Workshop - Well Rounded; CTMH - Sponge Dauber; American Crafts - Crate Little Boy Blue Red Thickers; Lily Bee - Destination alphas and stickers; Sewing machine; Pigma - Black Micron Pen; CM - Custom Cutting System

15 comments:

  1. I should get out my sewing machine more often, this really looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout! The colors and details are AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic layout, Miriam! I wish I was brave enough to scrapbook, lol! I loved being your page neighbour in the Sept-Oct PPC issue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the circle photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOOOOOOW, Miriam! I loooooooove how you did the chevrons and the circles-- it looks 3D! WOW! And those photos are super cute! LOVE <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just adore this layout and I have to laugh because I have pictures of my two doing the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool sketch, and I love your take on it Miriam. The photos are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool design! And I'm just loving the depth those stencils add!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those stencils are fabulous! The dimension is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous layout! Love the design and the stencil work. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab take on the sketch! Love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet layout! A great use of "dots". Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous layout and papers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete