Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The most room in your heart for August Verve Diva Dare


Here's my card for this month's Verve Diva Dare:  Pile on the Sweetness.  We're supposed to create a card with lots of layers.

I went ultra girly here with lots and lots of pink.  Most of the papers are from Glitz's Hello Friend collection, although the bottom layer of paper and the mats are MME. 

The sentiment is one of my newest Verve Plain Janes that I picked up during the current sale (everything in the store is on sale right now!).  And the little stamped hearts are from the Take Note stamp set.


That gorgeous seam binding is from my friend Debbie's Paper Sweeties store.

Lots of layers, and some experimental stitching too.  I thought it would be fun to try the cross stitch stitch that I have on my fancy sewing machine.  I really like it, and I'll definitely be using that stitch again.


I used another of my Punky Sprouts buttons on this card, just love those! 

Hope your week is off to a great start!  Thanks for coming by!

Supplies Used:
Paper/Cardstock:  Glitz Designs - Hello Friend 6x6 pad; MME - The Sweetest Thing Lavender 6x6 pad; CTMH - White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps:  Verve - Smallest Thing Plain Jane, Take Note
Ink:  Hero Arts - Wet Cement; CTMH - Sorbet
Other:  Paper Sweeties - Cake Crumbs Seam Binding; Sewing Machine; Tombow - Mono Adhesive; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Punky Sprouts - Pink Button; May Arts - White Burlap String; Kuretake - Glue Pen

17 comments:

  1. gorgeous Miriam... love that sentiment..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is a gorgeous card...love the soft colors, textures...that added stitching really finishes it off too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome, luv the tilted panels...sweet card! so glad you played along with us at Verve and took the Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! Anyone would live to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! Anyone would live to have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the soft colour pallet you used and that sentiment is such a great one! Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!!! I loveeeeeeeee the colors and the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Miriam,
    I'm sorry I haven't been able to comment on all of your gorgeous cards but I'm so impressed with what I see and this romantic layered card is breath taking beautiful!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the soft colors and the sentiment! Beautiful card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely beautiful, Miriam! So soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely sweet...love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet, Miriam! The layering and patterns are so gorgeous together! Your stitching is AWESOME!! Love to see more, for sure! FYI I used Stampendous (fine,detailed, white) for embossing and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oops,I used David's account to comment (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful! I saw your awesome projects in the latest Paper Crafts and had to stop by! So glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! I adore the softer colors and romantic feel...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete