Monday, December 23, 2013

I Got U Babe



I made this card a while back for a call.  It wasn't picked up, but I thought I would share it here because it makes me smile, and if you are feeling a little frazzled from the holidays you might need an uplifting message.

The alpha dies are Lawn Fawn as are the alpha stamps, and the little girl image is There She Goes.  She is actually holding a paintbrush in the actual stamp, but I cut that out and so she could hold the U instead.



I ran the alphas through my Xyron - makes adhering them so much easier, and the little girl is colored with Spectrum Noir markers.

Andrew and I got back last night from a quick getaway to Miami.  My parents and sister/brother-in-law hung out with the girls.  Not the greatest timing so close to Christmas, but I had a work trip down there, and we've learned that we need to take the opportunities we have to get away when we can, so away we went.  80 degree weather in December is a little surreal for this Upstate New York raised girl!  We had a good, but exhausting trip!

It's great to be back, and we are looking forward to a nice long, relaxing break!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Bazzill Card Shoppe - Chocolate Malt cardstock; CTMH - White Daisy cardstock; Recollections - Vellum
Stamps:  There She Goes - (ack! My space is such a mess I can't find the set to provide the name....); Lawn Fawn - Milo's ABCs
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Lawn Fawn - Cole's ABCs dies; Stampendous - White Embossing Powder; Spectrum Noir - Markers; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape; Xyron - 1 1/2" sticker maker

17 comments:

  1. How cute that the little girl is holding the U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love this card that I can hardly stand it. So stinking clever and we'll done

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMYGOSH!!!! This is sooooooooo cute cute cute cute!! Totally pinning this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Has to be the most darling card of the year!
    You are so creative and clever!!
    Bravo Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh! I cannot believe this didn't get picked up! It is simply adorable and utterly brilliant! LOVE it to bits, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MYYYYYYYYYYYYY! GOOOOOOOOOODNESS! I cannot believe this didn't get picked up! This is such a cute card! LOVE LOVE LOVE your clever use of the letters and that little gal:) FAB job, Miriam!!

    Merry Christmas <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! The girl and message are really sweet! Glad to know you had a good time in Miami. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. how was this card not picked up??? I love it sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This definitely makes me smile too, Miriam. So adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. U got to be kidding me! U did an awesome job on this card. U have a lot of patience. Thank U for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! As I grew up watching the Sonny and Cher show (WAY before your time!) the sentiment sings to me! The little girl looks so cute reaching up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is so cute, Miriam! I love the bright colors on the little girl against the kraft and white alphas and the sentiment totally reminds me of Sonny and Cher! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh..this is the sweetest card ever!

    ReplyDelete