Tuesday, December 24, 2013

One Day at a Time - For Verve Diva Dare



Hey everyone, Happy Christmas Eve!

The Diva Dare at Verve this month is to create a card using your favorite Verve Stamp set.

It is very hard for me to pick favorites, but I have to say that my favorite kind of stamp from Verve would have to be the Plain Jane.  They are inexpensive, there are so many great verses/sentiments, and I love the fonts that they come in too.

I'm using one of my favorite PJs today on this mixed media card.

The front panel is mixed media paper.  I masked off one of the feathers from Ronda Palazzari's  The Crafter's Workshop Fancy Feathers 6x6 stencil and painted it using Distress Paint that I squeezed/dabbed out onto a plastic plate.

I added some splatter using the distress paint as well as Heidi Swapp Gold Lame Color Shine.  I also (once everything was dry) brushed Gold Lame paint over the center portion of the card and directly onto the feather sections.



The sentiment was stamped using Archival Ink.

Some Gold Twinery Twine and May Arts Burlap String finished it off.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope that you have a wonderful holiday!  If you're looking for me, I will be eating.... ;)

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Strathmore - Mixed Media paper; Avery Elle - White Cardstock
Stamps:  Verve - One Day at a Time Plain Jane
Ink:  Ranger - Black Archival Ink
Other:  The Crafter's Workshop - Fancy Feathers 6x6 Stencil; Heidi Swapp - Gold Lame Color Shine; Distress Paints - Seedless Preserves; The Twinery - Gold Shimmer Twine; May Arts - Burlap String; Tombow - Stamp Runner

15 comments:

  1. This is simply beautiful Miriam. Love the splatter and the feather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. The gold is a lovely touch.
    Merry Christmas, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the splatter - great card!! Such a fabulous sentiment too :) Thanks for joining us for this month's Diva Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the misting! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This ROCKS, Miss Lady!! Merry Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful - glad you did the detailed photo so I could see it close up. Love how you've painted in the highlights. Hope you have a really happy Christmas x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!! You rock the stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful design Miriam! love the colors and that great splatter! Wishing you a blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful background. Mele Kalikimaka!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card. Happy Holidays, Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card Miriam and the cool jewel like colors you have used!
    It is both hip and sophisticated!
    Love it! Love it! Love it!!

    Merry Xmas my Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is gorgeous, Miriam! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Miriam! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I had no idea gold twine even existed!! It looks incredible. Hope you and your family had a great Christmas, Miriam. Sleeping in definitely takes it up a notch!!

    ReplyDelete