Sunday, October 5, 2014

Happy Fall



So I have once again been unable to fully take advantage of World Card Making Day.  I was only able to get this one card done yesterday.  Just too much other running around/chauffering of kids to be done.  Thankfully there are a bunch of different challenges open over the course of the next week, so I'm hoping to be able to get some more cards done for those.

I got a happy little package from Dreamweaver's Stencils in the mail yesterday, including this Tree Line die.  I have the Tree Line stencil, it's one of my favorites from Dreamweaver's so I was thrilled that they came out with a die and I wanted to use it right away.

I die cut a piece of watercolor paper and then proceeded to paint the die with watercolors.  I did this one section at a time, dividing the panel into roughly three sections.  I first wet the area I wanted to work with and then proceeded to add color by just dabbing dots/splotches starting with yellow, moving to golds, oranges, and then red.  It's extremely unscientific, but you get a great variegated result.  Then I painted the tree limbs with a mixture of two shades of brown.  


The back sky panel is another piece of watercolor paper that I wet and added a wash to using several blues.

Once everything was dry, I stamped a sentiment from the Ellen Hutson Autumn Acorns set, and then adhered everything to the card.  I added a woodgrain cardstock panel for some extra texture and to really make that die cut pop.  The sky panel was adhered directly to the woodgrain piece and then the die cut itself was popped up with foam adhesive.  

I'm going to link this up over at Studio Calico for the watercolors/stamps challenge and at Butterfly Reflections for their WCMD challenges.  This is also getting linked up at Dreamweaver's for their monthly challenge. 

Hope you guys had a great WCMD and were able to get more than just one card done.  And don't forget that there is still plenty of time to complete the Ellen Hutsons Exclusive hop - just scroll down for that.

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Canson - Watercolor paper; Avery Elle - White and Woodgrain cardstock
Stamps:  Ellen Hutson - Autumn Acorns
Ink:  CTMH - Chocolate
Other:  Dreamweavers - Tree Line Die; Kuretake - Gansai Watercolors; Recollections - Foam Adhesive; CTMH - Bonding Memories Adhesive; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

33 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! Such a pretty die and even prettier card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors! Wish we had those fall colors around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Miriam. I love this die from Dreamweavers, and especially love the colorful fall colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! This is simply beautiful, Miriam! You've totally captured the essence of fall. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely scene - a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful die and you've showcased it so magically with all the pretty fall colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the variegated effect you got with the watercolor paper-so pretty!
    Definately looks like fall leaves, which I love because of the rustic colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful watercoloring Miriam! Fabulous card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is an amazing card! I love dimension! I love FALL! Most excellent card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card took my breath away and made me feel as if I was standing in the mountains with fall foliage all around me - GORGEOUSLY DONE!!! So impressive and again your talent and skill is amazing!! Kudos to you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous !!! Love the dimension in the design

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love. It's like a diorama! And you know I love it whenever you paint ...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, i NEED this die!
    Your card is OUTSTANDING Miriam!!
    Wow! Wow! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cool! I love how dimensional it looks! Really fantastic :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is AMAZING! Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous card!! Really love this design! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!! Gor-geous card!!! I love the colors of the leaves, that is an awesome die!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous autumnal scene! Love the variation in color of the foliage! LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your patience really paid off...I love that you took the time to dab the watercolors! What a masterpiece, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so soft and yet vibrant at the same time. I am looking forward to Fall coming to So Cal! Glad you like the die! Thank you for joining our "happy Hallowthanksmas" challenge this month at Dreamweaver Stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the watercolor effect, it works no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  23. GORGEOUS, gorgeous, GORGEOUS!! Eeek, I just can't stand it! What a great way to show off that die.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you for playing in the challenge! <3 Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is unbelievable. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete