Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Last two SC WCMD Projects



Just a couple more WCMD projects to share for the Studio Calico challenges.  This first card is based on this pin from Shanna Noel.



I loved the look of it with all the brushstrokes, the symmetry of the horns, the flowers, so I pulled out my Kuretake watercolors and just played a little.

This was such a fun card to put together, I loved the painting process and wanted to keep that image the focus, so I opted for a very simple little banner and sentiment.

Last project a quick journaling card I whipped up.



This is 4x6 and uses my Origami Map set.  I wanted a little white space at the bottom where someone could write, and for balance I added a little bit of washi up top.

There are a few other WCMD challenges I want to try and play along with, but I think I'm done with the SC challenges.

Thanks for visiting!

Supplies Used
Card
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - Speckled Cardstock; Canson - Watercolor paper
Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Many Thanks
Ink:  Versa fine
Other:  Kuretake - Gansai watercolors; Recollections - Foam Adhesive
Journaling Card
Paper/Cardstock:  PTI - Kraft cardstock; Canson - Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Neat & Tangled - Origami Map
Ink:  WPlus9 - White Pigment Ink; Versafine
Other:  Misc Washi; Tombow - Mono Adhesive





24 comments:

  1. Wow your first card is simply amazing. It truly is a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are both fantastic! I love the beautiful watercolouring-- it's stunning! And that stamp set you designed totally makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW gorgeous watercoloring..LOVE this card ALOT.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painting is fabulous, Miriam! Wow! So, so beautiful! I love seeing the different ways you've used your stamp set too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow these are awesome! Really loving the watercolor of the flowers floating! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep Painting!!!! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your watercolor card is just beautiful!! and I love the origami map!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are fabulous! You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards!! I LOVE the flower card it is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your cards are amazing. I love your first one, just incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so humble, Miriam!! "I just started playing" ... what the heck ... your watercolor card looks amazing!!! And, I cannot see your origami map without thinking of your crazy-good Gallery Idol card. Once I got past that, I do agree that the journaling card is really cool! That would find a lovely home in a SC kit : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. This watercolours (aquarelle) card is wonderful !... Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are quite an ARTIST! I love the watercolor and your map card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty cards! Wonderful water coloring for the first one and second one is so fab!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow your crafty website is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! What stunning cards. I love the first card so much. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful watercolor card and another CAS card! Love both! May

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are truly an artist Miriam!!
    Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness - not only are you a world class card maker you are also an amazing artist!! I swear you can succeed no matter which medium you try!!!

    ReplyDelete