Tuesday, October 7, 2014

WCMD Thanks


I was able to get another WCMD challenge card done last night.

I knew I wanted to create my own patterned paper based on this mood board from SC using Paper Smooches' Botanicals 2 set.



I used a combination of first and second generation stamping for this, the blue and gray branches are both second generation.

Once I had filled up the panel, I went back with a variation on rock and roll stamping, except in this case I only did the rolling on a clean stamp.  I used that to add some black accents to the edges/tips of the yellow and blue branches.

I then repeated this process on the other side of the yellow branches, but this time I used Versamark and embossed using some Egyptian Gold powder from Judikins.  It's less puffy, but more sparkly.  You can see that glimmer/gleam a little better in this photo:



I used some parchment paper for the mats, as well as to soften the background behind the sentiment.  Note:  parchment paper is slippery, so you need to sand it a little before you adhere things to it.

I'm also going to link this up over at Winnie & Walter for their WCMD Pattern Play challenge.

That's all for today!  Thanks for coming by!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  PTI - Kraft and True Black cardstock; CTMH - White Daisy Cardstock; Wilton - Parchment Paper
Stamps:  Paper Smooches - Botanicals 2
Ink:  CTMH - Sunkiss Yellow, Sweet Leaf, Grey Wool, and Lagoon; MFT - Hybrid Black Ink; Versamark
Other:  Paper Smooches - Thanks Die; Judikins - Egyptian Gold Embossing Powder; Tombow - Mono and Mono Aqua adhesive

25 comments:

  1. WOW Miriam, this is just beautiful. The background is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parchment paper NEVER looked so good!
    Stunning card Miriam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous stamped background and parchment paper AWESOME.. love this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and wonderful take on the mood board and our Pattern Play challenge! Love your hand-stamped patterned paper and all the ethereal layering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my this is really stunning! Love the colors you took from the inspiration! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the layers and thanks for the info on parchment paper--didn't know it was slippery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Miriam! I love your background and the interesting info about parchment! I love that stuff, Ii also use it will dies that leave a silver sheen on paper--words perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing job on this pattern! Wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty background you created.....love the combo of colours and the 2nd generational stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creativity knows no limit Miriam!
    AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh, this is so beautiful, Miriam! Love the softness of the colors and your use of the parchment paper!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous background! Love the use of parchment! Gorgeous card, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Mariam! I love the stamped background a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous interpretation from the mood board! Love the stamping and use of parchment paper--so inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your card, such a gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the background!! And using parchment paper.... Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so very pretty :) I like the rough asymmetrical vellum !

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card...I love the colors and your use of parchment paper, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is lovely. Great random stamping, Love the hints of gold and the "dirty" stamping (bringing in the black with your sentiment). The parchment layers are a great idea, too (as mat and your sentiment panel).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, beautiful, and uber amazing!! Your "homemade" patterned paper turned out wonderful - such color and so classy!! Sorry I have been neglecting my commenting - I am still just struggling with my grief!! Hope you understand!!!

    ReplyDelete