Friday, October 3, 2014

Miss You for Jane's Doodles



Hey everyone!

I'm sharing a card over on the Jane's Doodles blog this week.

I love mixing and matching my sets, and I've got a little bit of Wise Owl, Doodle Flowers II, Read All About it, and Spring on this one.

I knew I wanted to piece the owl, and I used a couple of patterns from MME's Now & Then Milo 6x6 pad.  I also added some extra shading with Spectrum Noir markers.  The chest feathers were done in four layers and adhered directly on top of one another.  The wings and base of the head were popped up with foam tape, and the very top of the head (with the eyes) has a layer of Power Tabs in there.  I like that those give you some dimension, but not a ton.



I wanted to warm up the background a bit, so I stamped a few of the vine/leaf images in soft yellow, but then I thought it was a little too subtle, so I went back in with a very thin journaling pen and added some doodles around them for emphasis.

A few strips of cardstock, a little stitching and a fussy cut speech bubble sentiment finished it off.

Hope you have a great end to your week.  Tomorrow is World Card Making Day, and you definitely want to stop by because there are some big goings on here!  Can't wait!  See you tomorrow!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  MME - Now & Then Milo 6x6 pad; Avery Elle - Silver Fox cardstock
Stamps:  Jane's Doodles - Wise Owl, Doodle Flowers II, Read All About It, Spring
Ink:  Versafine Smokey Gray; Hero Arts Soft Yellow Shadow Ink
Other:  Tombow - Mono Adhesive and Power Tabs; Recollections - Foam Adhesive

22 comments:

  1. Miriam, this is AWESOME!!! I love your owl! And the papers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* I don't know where to start, Miriam! This is perfect in every way! The colors, the stamping, the mix of patterns, the loose threads... Simply perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every single thing about this!
    The dimension...the coloring....the composition....everything!
    Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card.. love that owl and how you added some dimension.. love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. The texture/dimension on this is amazing, Miriam!! Love what you did :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your owl...he's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! Love the layered ruffled feathers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cute little owl, fab papers and superb dimension !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous piecing together. A wonderful card fort this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miriam, I just LOVE this card! The colours, the layering, everything! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the papers you used and that darling owl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WHOOOOOO would NOT love this. Such great dimension on your hoot owl. Such a great design with your fun stamping behind him and those great paper strips. Awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word this is just amazing saw it on pinterest and had to come over here and comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! Absolutely amazing!!
    I love it miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...just amazing! I love your sweet owl and all the wonderful layering and details. You always amaze me with your stunning cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! Fabulous paper piecing and layering!! Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great layout. Love that sweet owl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool owl card!! Love how you layered him !

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving the owl details and the dimensions!! The muted tones are so lovely and sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you colored and layered, such great dimension on this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is unbelievable to me how every one of your projects or cards makes me gasp with awe or smile with delight or just plain say WOW!! This did every one of those things!! You are a master card maker - few of us ever achieve the status that you are in - you know how to wield paper, markers, stamps!! AMAZING! love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Seriously, amazing!! Everyone knows how great your owl is, but even the graph paper speech bubble, the layered strips of paper that the owl is perched on (just like tree branches), the outlined leaves ... it's all so smart I can hardly stand it!!

    ReplyDelete