Wednesday, October 1, 2014

You Joined the (Work)Force




I pulled my A Long Time Ago stamp set the other day.  Thought I would play around some more with the galaxy technique that Jen Rzasa taught in Online Card Classes' Watercolor for Cardmakers.

The last time I made one of these cards I omitted the salt portion of the technique because I was worried that the texture would make it hard to emboss on.

Well, there's more than one way to skin a cat, so this time I just did the embossing first and it resisted the watercolor.  Duh.  I don't know why I didn't think of that last time.

I also went a little less colorful on this one, I was aiming this at a guy, so instead of using a whole bunch of colors in the background/base coat, I stuck with blues.  I also wanted to try using my Derwent Inktense pencils rather than the Kuretake watercolors.  They worked just as well, so it's nice to know I have lots of options.

I like both techniques, salted and unsalted, and will definitely continue to utilize both.

Hope that you are having a great week, and Happy October!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  PTI - True Black; CTMH - White Daisy; Avery Elle - Silver Fox; Recollections - Silver cardstock; Canson - Watercolor Paper
Stamps:  Neat & Tangled - A Long Time Ago
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Derwent - Inktense Pencils; Stampendous - White Detail Embossing Powder; American Crafts - Dimensional Adhesive; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

18 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the results if this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done this technique in years and I never thought about it being used for a starry background!! The results look fabulous!! Great job! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, will have to check out this technique! Great sentiment for a retiree too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Loved the results of the technique u did :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, cool card, Miriam! Love the technique and look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! This is awesome!!! Love the technique you used!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Look like a framed piece of artwork. And embossing first....clever girl! I hadn't thought of that...thanks for the tip!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a keeper - what a fun twist on such a classic!! Your skills are unsurpassed and it does not seem to matter which technique you use - it always shines and excels in the awesomeness of your projects!! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic!! It looks like a framed piece of art! So Cool and Awesome. - xoxo Yoonsun Hur

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card with wonderful background

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sentiments crack me up Miriam :) liking this technique--good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing result Miriam!
    Another technique I ought to try!
    Thank You! (love the humor as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this set is just perfect (and cool to boot). Love how you've created the background! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! Great watercolor technique!

    ReplyDelete