Thursday, October 27, 2016

I've Taken a Viking to You



I think this Avery Elle Viking mini set is so cute!

Andrew has a Scandinavian background, so Vikings are spoken of fondly in our home.

I wanted to keep the focus on the stamped image, so after coloring him with Copics, I created a frame/focal point with a heart die.  I thought the woodgrain paper went well with the masculine feel of the card, but was a little too stark, so I added a second, slightly off kilter, to soften it.

The background was also feeling a little too plain for me, so I added some dry embossing for texture.



The little hearts were a bit of an after thought.  The stamp set has hearts in it, but I had already die cut the hearts and was feeling lazy about stamping them, so I just doodled the hearts inside the die cut pieces to give them a bit more emphasis.

Hope your week is going well!  One more day til the weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Hilarious!! You have such a great eye, the second heart off-set from the first one really makes quite a difference! Thanks for pointing that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card cuz that little Mr Viking is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card...love your sweet viking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeek! This is too, stinkin' cute, and that woodgrain heart couldn't be any more perfect!

    ReplyDelete