Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Tim Holtz Christmas Cards


I'm sharing a couple more Christmas cards I worked on during my crafty get together a few weeks ago.  These were created with Tim Holtz's Cling Rubber Doodle Greetings stamp sets.

I love it when the sentiment is big enough and special enough that it does the work for you.  


For this first card I added some simple inking to the panel, stamped the the sentiment, and then added a bit of Copic coloring to the image.  So easy and quick!


I had thought that this second card would be just as simple.  Here I stamped/embossed the sentiment in gold and then inked on top, but the embossing didn't stand out as well as I thought it would, and the words were getting lost.

So, I ended up going in with a journaling pen and adding a shadow to the letters so they could be read more easily.  That definitely took more time than I intended, but live and learn.  If I were to do this again and wanted to make them in quantity, I'd just stamp in black and clear emboss over it for some shine.


Hope this gives you some ideas as you start working on your Christmas cards.  

6 comments:

  1. I really like these large sentiments and how they pop with the inking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....two simply gorgeous Christmas cards! Loved them both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty inky goodness miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what lovely cards!! I really like what the inking does to make those sentiments pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if only you gave away Christmas cards . . . I liked the simplicity of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo! That gold embossing is DELICIOUS! Gorgeous sentiments, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete