Friday, November 9, 2018

Neat & Tangled November Release - Bonus Day, Recap and Winners


Hey everyone!  It's Release Day at Neat & Tangled, and everything is now available for purchase in the store, but we have a fun surprise for you!  Today is a 'bonus' day.  We have some extra goodies that we're popping into this release - some stitching dies that were designed by our friends at Benzie.

There are two sets of dies - the Ugly Sweater dies and the Snowflake dies.  Clearly, I'm showing off the snowflakes.  There are four dies in the set, and I'm using two of them for my snowflakes.  I really like the contrast of the pointy star with the smaller detailed piece in the center.

These are so quick and easy to make.  I used out N&T sequins as well as some seed beads to accent the prongs of the center piece, but you could certainly just go with stitching also.

The purple star was made using Benzie's Vineyard and Smoke felt, while the green snowflake features their Rainstorm and Blue Spruce felt.


These are double sided.  I did each one up the same way - stitching the detailed piece to the pointed piece with embroidery floss (three strands) and adding a sequin/seed bead at each of the points. 

Then I placed them back to back and stitched them together using those small holes between each of the prongs in the center of the star.  I also added the center sequin/seed bead at this point.  To secure the pieces a little better, I kind of threaded the floss between the stitches behind where the prongs are so that they were adhered a little closer to the edges.

The actual tips of the star aren't adhered/stitched together, but I like the clean look of it, and because the pieces are felt they kind of stick together naturally anyway. 


For the hanger, I just cut a length of embroidery floss, threaded it through one of the points of the snowflake, and knotted it just above the tip of the snowflake and then at the ends to create a loop.

These are really quite easy to use and would be a great kids craft for older elementary/middle grades.

Here's a look back at the rest of my projects for this release:









And I have some winners to announce!

Shona Chambers wins the Triangle Box
@beccay217 from IG wins the Holiday Sentiments set
@raggiodiluc3 wins the Fa La La cover plate
Debra Rumpza wins the Fa La La stencil

Congrats winners!  Please shoot me your mailing details and I"ll get these sent out.

And if there's something you must have from the release, head on over to the store.  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so happy to see my IG user name, raggiodiluc3, as one of the winners!!! Thank you so much dear Miriam!!! Love so much this cover plate!!!
    Beautiful snowflakes ornaments. Great idea for Xmas tree decorations!!!
    I'll send a mail immediately!
    Arianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!! Thank you, Miriam! So happy to win! I love the Falala stencil! Sending you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab felt pieces and thanks for sharing your inspiration throughout the week. Congrats to the winners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I can't believe it!! I so wanted the triangle treat box die when I saw it but there was no way I could afford to buy it. Thank you so very much Miriam and congratulations to all the other winners!!

    ReplyDelete