Tuesday, November 13, 2018

The Vintage Pearl Review, Pretty Packaging, and Discount Code


Hey all, I have a bit of a different post to share today.  Several weeks ago I was contacted by a company called The Vintage Pearl, a small business based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, to see if I would be interested in receiving a piece of jewelry from them and sharing a review on my blog.

I don't usually do posts like this, but I happily agreed because I'm actually a big fan of and a past customer of The Vintage Pearl.

Ironically, and somewhat sadly, I didn't actually own any pieces from them.  Although I love jewelry, I never actually buy any for myself (the perils of being overly practical), I've only ordered gifts for others (which incidentally have always been very well received).

It was really hard to pick a piece because there were so many that were on my wishlist.  What I really love about The Vintage Pearl is the meaning behind their pieces.  Many can be personalized/engraved to add names, initials, or words/phrases.  Others are more symbolic - you can select say the number of rings/links that are meaningful to your situation or family.

Ultimately, for my first piece, I opted to go with the Mother of Pearl Infinity Necklace, an engraved necklace with the names of everyone in our family.  I love having all our names there, and the girls love seeing them too.  I also really love the versatility of this piece in particular.  It's large, but not too large, and it easily transitions from work to everyday.  Against my better judgement, I even took a picture of myself in both casual and and work attire to show you how well it works for both. 

 

It really was a touch choice though.  My runners up were the Family Links necklace and The Tie That Binds necklace.

 

II get the chance to order something for myself again (or if I am dropping a hint for the hubby or someone else), Family Links is what I'd order next.

I did order a couple additional necklaces - I had been planning to order from them before Christmas.  Ellie mentioned a couple months ago that she wanted a cross necklace, and The Vintage Pearl has a small necklace called the Tiny Cross Necklace that you can get in either silver or gold finish that is the perfect size.  Andrew said we should just go ahead and get one for both the girls, so these came in the mail the other day too.

Finally, I did want to let you know that The Vintage Pearl also sells personalized Christmas ornaments which make great gifts as well.  These are a few of my favorites (you can click on the photo to go directly to the store link):

  

  

Since my blog is mostly a craft blog, I thought I would create a couple little boxes to package the girls' necklaces in.

I used my Gift Card Box and Gift Card Box Additions dies.  The boxes were cut from Kraft cardstock and I used the large rectangle and the detailed rectangle with diagonal accent cuts from two different patterned papers to decorate the top of the box.  The cream patterned paper was adhered directly to the top of the box and then I tied a piece of Lawn Fawn Lawn Trimmings twine around the colored piece before adhering it to the top of the box with foam tape.

The diamond image from the Thanks So Much stamp set was stamped on some cream cardstock along with a sentiment from the Holiday Sentiments set, and then the diamond was die cut.  That piece was also adhered with foam tape to finish off the box.


The necklaces come on printed square cardstock pieces.  I trimmed the top down so it fits neatly in the box and added some tissue paper.  This is what it looks like when you open it up.


I do have a discount code to share with you guys if you're interested in ordering.  You can use Miriam15 to get 15% off any order from The Vintage Pearl for the next 30 days.  Also, a couple key dates to keep in mind.  The custom order Christmas cutoff date (for if you want something personalized) is December 10th.  The cutoff date for ready made pieces is December 16th. 

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Miriam! I'm not a jewelry person myself but have family and friends who are. And I LOVE your presentation boxes--so glad I bought the dies for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Miriam! Love jewelry pieces that have a story to them, especially to give as gifts. I also appreciate how you do a good job of sharing the information, without at all sounding sales-y 😉 And your boxes couldn’t be more perfect for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such beautiful pieces Miriam and your box die is the perfect way to present this to your daughters. The ornaments are sweet too.
    (My daughter is a jewellery designer and she made me a silver pendant of her first sons finger print when he was a year old. I am now awaiting the next one from her second son...Maybe this Christmas???

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful necklace! I love the gift boxes you created for the necklaces for your girls. :)

    ReplyDelete