Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Spellbinders November Small Die of the Month


Today I'm sharing a couple cards created using this month's Spellbinders Small Die of the Month.  The 'Die of the Month' is a bit of a misnomer, because you actually get multiple dies.  This month the kit consists of 13 dies, and for $12.50 that's a pretty good deal.

For this first card I cut each of the greenery die pieces four times and then arranged them in to a pattern on my panel.

The sentiment pieces were each cut three times and adhered together.  Then I pressed my Versamark ink pad onto each and clear embossed three times.  


Unfortunately, my Versamark pad was somewhat comtaminated because I managed to spill some white embossing powder on it, so there are some little white flecks in the embossing.  Turns out, for this I think it worked out, it kind of reminds me of little snowflakes in my sentiment, but I'm going to have to clean that pad off thoroughly.

I also added some Nuvo drop embellishments on the greenery for some extra shine and texture.


For this next card I cut the deer die from kraft cardstock and added some accents with colored pencils.  I also colored a couple areas of kraft cardstock with colored pencils in to create a very light/subtle ombre effect and cut the sentiment from those areas.

I also cut a slight slope from a scrap piece of cardstock to use as a mask and added some soft inking to the background.


The deer and sentiment were adhered to the panel, and for a pop of color I cut the bow from some wine colored cardstock, softening it a bit with some white colored pencil, and adhered that on top.

That's all for me today.  Hope your week is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment