Thursday, July 25, 2019

Simon Says Stamp Believe in You Release - Die Cut Overlay Inlay


 Hi all!  Just popping in to share a card created with the Carnation Frame die from the new Believe in You release from Simon Says Stamp.

To create my focal point, I adhered a bunch of different scrap paper strips to a piece of white cardstock.  I then die cut that piece. 

Because of the thickness of the paper with the scraps adhered to it, you'd have to run this through a few times to get it to fully separate, but I wanted the pieces to stay together a bit so that I could do the overlay.

Next, I die cut both a black and white piece of cardstock.

The place outline piece was adhered over my striped die cut, and then the white pieces of the flower were inlaid into that black outline.


I added a sentiment from Neat & Tangled's Typed Sentiments set, and the popped the die cut piece up with some foam tape.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to head over to Simon Says Stamp to check out the full release!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Miriam this is awesome. Love inlay and the colourful background really shows off the black outline of the carnation. A great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Teresa; the beautiful, bright color combo makes that black & white really pop. I also really like the typed sentiment. What a great card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete