Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Z-Fold Card with Spellbinders July Large Die of the Month


July is almost over, and I couldn't let it pass without using July's Large Die of the Month set.  It is a very cool die set that allows you to create a three dimensional bike that stands up which would be perfect for table settings or decorations.

I decided to use the bike on a card, and to try my hand at a Z-fold card.  

Because the bike is such a large die, I made my fold a little less 'proportional' because I wanted both the wheels to be on the front.  I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 1/2" by 11, and then used the MFT cloud stencil with a mix of Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean Distress Ink to create the sky background.  

Then I used a VERY old tool of mine - a cutter from Creative Memories - to create the wavy border on my green piece.  This was adhered to card base, I then scored the entire piece at 3 1/2" and 6 1/4".  

Once my card base was completed, I die cut all the pieces for the bike and basket/flowers, and assembled it, adhering it to the front of the card.  I also added a few white gel accents.  The wheels were popped up with foam dots.  


The basket piece was a little larger than I wanted for this card, so I trimmed it down just a bit.  The basket hangs over the fold, so that when the card is open, it covers a portion of the middle area, so I was able to add additional flowers/greenery there, and then a trail of flowers/greens flying out of the basket.


The sentiment is from a retired Mama Elephant stamp set.  Here's a closer look at where the bike overlaps the fold:


This was a fun one to create.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: