Thursday, March 19, 2020

Concord and 9th Hey There Bundle


I was so good about not spending money on crafty supplies, and then the Concord and 9th Inventory Blowout Sale happened and I could not resist.  I picked up a bunch of really great deals.  This Hey There Bundle are the first products I decided to work with.

I really love C9's turnabout line, they are so clever and easy to work with.  When I pull out a turnabout I tend to make multiple cards at once because it is so easy to mass produce.

This time I created three cards.  I start by picking out the inks I plan to use, so when it's time to stamp it happens pretty quickly and easily.

I usually use at least one full ink family from Altenew when I use a turnabout just because it's so easy and I love the monochromatic look.  For this card I used the Deep Blue Seas family of inks.


To finish it off, I used the banner and banner insert from the bundle.  The banner was cut twice, once from white and once from blue.  I then die cut the inset words out of the blue banner and layered that over the white so that the words show up in white.  This was popped up over my background.


Next I went for a more colorful look, using Sea Breeze, Sweet Leaf, Pinkalicious, and Warm Sunshine.


I added a thin white strip of cardstock across the card, and added the hello die from the bundle over top.


Finally, my favorite look, which is white on kraft.  For this panel, I stamped with white pigment ink each time.  Actually, for each of the four 'turns' I stamped in white pigment ink three times because the pigment seems to just soak into the kraft.


Then I used all three of the dies in the bundle.  The hello was stamped three times and layered together, and I again layered the banners together so that the Hey There shows in white, although I offset the banners slightly.


Super quick and easy.  I'm looking forward to trying out the rest of my new goodies as I socially distance myself from my family in my craft room.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment