Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio Folklore Die


This card is one of those projects that kind of evolved and changed as it went along because things just weren't quite working the way I planned.

I started out by wanting to do something a little different for Kathy Rac's coloring challenge.  I've been wanting to use this Folklore Die from Pinkfresh Studio for a while.  It's so pretty and detailed, so I thought it would be fun to color it.  To do so, I dry embossed it on a piece of cardstock, and then used those embossing lines as my coloring lines.

Because the spaces are relatively small, instead of using my normal three colors for shading, I just used two.  I colored the flowers and greens, and then I colored the background black. 

The black coloring wasn't looking as crisp as I wanted it to, so I decided to die cut a panel of black cardstock, and inlaid those background pieces into my outline die. 


This worked OK, but because of all the detail in the die, and the fact that I wasn't inlaying the entire thing, I couldn't adhere the die/pieces the way I normally did, and as a result things weren't sticking as well as I wanted them to.

What to do?  I decided to spread Nuvo Glimmer Paste over the entire piece.  Once the paste dried, everything was stuck firmly in place, and I also got some SERIOUS sparkle.

I added a simple sentiment to finish things off.

This is definitely not the card that I set out to make, but I think I like it.  What do you think? 

3 comments:

  1. Love how this turned out! Spectacular colors and lots of sparkly goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous palette, and the result is lovely.

    ReplyDelete